Job Role: PHP Developer
We are looking for a PHP Developer
Sentient are a small agency in Chester who are GROWING. We work with large and small companies from Peaceful Hooligan to Ingard Financial with the same ethos – Our work creates deeper connections with their customers to increase revenue.
We are looking for a motivated PHP Developer who is up to date with the latest development practices and has a hunger to learn more. You’ll be building websites, eCommerce stores and online applications.
You’ll work closely with our designer, other developer and management team to help ensure a smooth process where everyones opinion adds value to the work.
- Develop WordPress website
- Develop Magento eCommerce websites
- Expand on re-usable code libraries
- Optimise sites for speed and scalability
- Collaborate with the team and stakeholders
- Help write technical documentation
- Understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Understanding of SASS/LESS (SASS Preferred)
- Excellent PHP skills
- Understanding of GIT
- Basic understanding of NPM and Bower package managers
- Good understanding of Grunt and awareness of other task runners (such as Gulp and Broccoli)
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools: able to crop, resize or perform small adjustments to an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
- Ninja WordPress skills
- Excellent Magento skills
- Salary subject to experience
- Pay review after 6 months and every quarter
- Shit happens days
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme
- £150 towards eye tests and glasses/contact lenses
- Relaxed dress code
- Paid social events
You’ll be working from our studio in Chester
How to Apply
We’re looking for somebody who is passionate about digital development, with a desire to learn, add value and take on responsibility.
If you have that attention to detail, a quality work ethic, a good commercial approach and the ability to understand the needs of clients and colleagues, we would love to speak to you about joining the team here. To apply click here 😉
No Recruitment Agencies or Outsourcing Agencies